The DHA/EPA Omega-3 Institute
The DHA/EPA Omega-3 Institute provides the most thorough and comprehensive body of knowledge and research relating to omega-3 fatty acids found on the internet. Search, navigate or start by learning:
- An introduction to omega-3, including the different types of omega-3 fatty acids, their dietary sources, metabolism in the body, and important functions for supporting optimal health
- Requirements and importance of DHA plus EPA omega-3 for heart, brain and visual functions
- The importance of DHA and EPA throughout the different life stages - from prenatal care thtorughout old-age
- Summary of recommended intakes of omega-3 fatty acids for optimal health and disease management
- Regular updates on new omega-3 research findings including easy-to-read summaries and commentaries by Dr. Holub
- Entire video lectures series on topics including an introduction to omega-3 and much more.
- Hundreds of questions and answers about various Omega-3 topics in the FAQ section
Since our founding our purpose has always been (and continues to be) educating the public about the importance of Omega-3 nutrients for general health. From optimal development to aiding in the prevention or helping with specific ailments, our aim is to present the latest sceintific data in an easy to find and digest format for individuals and practitioners alike.
All the original materials on this site along with commentary and intepretations of published papers are evidence-based and written by institute members - primarily by it's founder Dr. Bruce Holub, University Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Guelph, who has been involved in omega-3 research for nearly fourty years. He serves as Scientific Director for the DHA/EPA Omega-3 Institute and has shared his knowledge about essential nutrient, DHA and EPA omega-3,on this website since 2006.